Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weekend Observations 1/31/15



Target



This massive sized Bodega was a great idea, Every basic thing one needs in one store, why didn’t I think of this?
It is everything a bodega covers and more besides the random cat in the bread isle that keeps mice in check during the hours the store is closed. Target is a great business idea of our generation and I love that place.

I rate target:  10



Chipotle

As I was making my rounds on Saturday for the weekend “Tun Up”  I found myself heading to Chipotle, it wasn’t me who wanted it; it was the Chipotle addict I call my girlfriend that desired it. Let me put this out there; It’s difficult being in a relationship with a Chipotle addict, there were a few times I came home and my electronics were missing cause the addict sold my Tablet for a Chipotle bowl or burrito. Any way back to the story; as soon as I saw the line that was outside the restaurant and stretched the length of the glass window that encloses the store I was pissed. Why am I on this line when I could go across the hall to Panera Bread that has quality food and a much shorter line? Because the addict needed her fix. After the conversation I had with addict  I decided I need a drink and I was going to get a patron margarita that Panera bread doesn’t offer.  I ordered the drink, I am asked “are you staying sir”, I’m like; what does it matter hoe, but I didn’t say that cause my momma raised me well, so I lied and said I would stay. The plan was to just walk out cause I‘m 6’+ and 250+ and no one can beat me. All that planning went out the window when i saw officers standing outside the Chipotle. So my walk out idea was foiled. I guess they were hip to “no one can beat me” guys and decided to have people there to handle that. Not only did I have to wait in that long ass line, I had to force down this sour ass weak ass patron margarita so I could leave.

I rate Chipotle:  5.5



D.E. Jesus Tun Up


A friend of mine recently got an apartment in downtown Brooklyn close to a major landmark. She decided to have a housewarming get together and it was lit. The game of the night was Taboo, I love the word Taboo and every associated with the word. Drink of the night had to be this Sangria, of course mine had to be mixed with a few shots of dark liquor. After the get together died down it was a smaller group of good friends just having a nostalgic moment, listening to great music of our youth and reminiscing on good times in the past, these types of events are my favorite. I rather attend an intimate setting with good people , than a loud one with random awkwardness any day.

I rate D. E. Jesus Tun Up: 9.5



Super Bowl Party


My home girl decided she was going to throw the Superbowl party and boy was it a good idea. Upon arrival, she had a seven layered dip ready for the guests, kudos to the chef Tamekia.  The game was competitive, the Patriots scored first and the Seahawks answered back to each score and we were tied at half. I was especially excited because I knew Katy Perry would be the performer.  Little did I know the people in the room had a completely different idea of the performer than what I thought.  One person asked " who is Katy Perry?  what is her most famous song?"  In my head, I’m trying to figure out why he didn’t know about the awesomeness that is Katy Perry…  the amount of hate that I heard on the couch for Queen Katy was ridiculous. Missy Elliot did her thing but Katy Perry was a firework for Super bowl, BeyoncĂ© was never a Firework, HATERS!!!!.  Back to the Game: second half the Seahawks took control of the game , down by ten in the fourth Brady lead a comeback and took the lead. In the final moments of the game the most controversial play call in Superbowl History was called. With less than 30 seconds in the game on second and 1 the Seahawks ran a pass play that was intercepted by Malcolm Butler, therefore; turning the eventual game winning touchdown into a turnover and the game was decided. Social media has been in an uproar about the decision making of the Seahawks offense to pass the ball rather than doing the safe thing and allowing Marshawn Lynch the opportunity to ice the game.


I rate the Super Bowl: 9.7 


No comments:

Post a Comment