Thursday, March 5, 2015

Are You Settling?



  If you been following me and Endi (@abruptndemandin) you know he’s irrational and makes no sense when it comes to terms like settling, worth, and deserve. It’s probably been a decade now that I had to listen to his illogical nonsense, so I went to ask the people of Twitter to define settling.

Disclaimer: Twitter has to be the GOAT social media because if you need an opinion about anything. You will get it to every possible extreme. I personally enjoy the engagement I have with everyone and from time to time will ask yall questions. So for research purposes if you answer me your tweet is now mine. 



So me being the scientist I am here are my findings:





    My definition is very similar to a lot of the responses but I am not limited to 140 characters. Settling, in my opinion, is being in any situation that is less than what you are worth. I say any situation because it’s not just for relationships, it’s in any area of your life where you are stagnant and can do better. A few posts back "Do We Go Together" I made the analogy to a job when discussing titles. Not only are some of you settling with significant others, some of you are settling in a job or career path that isn’t what you truly want out of life. Truth is most people are going to die doing a job for most of their lives they hate. Or marry a spouse that they aren’t completely satisfied with because they do not think they could do better or family/friends pressure. Are you one of those people? If so, why are you settling? What are your dreams? Why aren’t you pursuing them? Is your life worth dying unhappy and unfulfilled?

What is YOUR worth?

     It does get tricky when you define worth, for one it’s subjective and there is a very thin line between reality and delusion. Going back to my job analogy, everyone can’t be the boss BUT everyone has the chance to be the boss through hard work and dedication.  You cannot just walk into a fortune 500 company and expect to be the CEO fresh out of high school. You can be realistic and work hard, get your degrees, get experience, and eventually reach that goal. I see this delusion a lot when someone feels like they deserve more but puts in little to no work.  By work I mean making yourself better. Subconsciously we define our own worth. Let me be the first one to tell you that your worth is NOT material or outward things.  Sadly, this society has brainwashed us into believing our worth is defined by how many degrees we have, our attractiveness, or the money in our accounts instead of our character, personality, and wisdom. We all met someone that look good on paper and aren’t worth shit. The good news though these earthly things don’t define us forever and our souls will always reveal itself. So work on you if you want better make your worth better because you attract what you are.

     I had to ask myself many years ago all these hard questions and since then I took it upon myself to understand what makes me happy and understanding my worth. I learned that life will never be perfect but settling for anything short of happiness is not the path I want to take. I just cannot waste my years away doing things just because other people want me to do it or society feels this is how I should be. So one day I wrote down everything I wanted out of life before I died. I wrote everything down from the easily obtainable to the almost impossible. Today I crossed off a lot of that list ALL of those things that were almost impossible slowly became within reach because I worked on bettering myself. I just refused to settle for the things life handed me to accept. I essentially made my worth more through the years.
   
   You all deserve the best in this life, you might not be the best yet but you should never settle for anything less. Work on building you and watch how much your worth increases. This thing called life is about being the best you every single morning you open your eyes. If you are not getting better you’re settling. Eventually the quality of people and opportunities that start coming into your life will change as well as the lesser quality will disappear. Let go of everything that is stagnant and not allowing you to be better. Don’t feel bad either for those who aren't growing with you. In relationships whether friendships or lovers we have to grow together or they will bring us back to their lower frequency. We can push them to get on our level but if they don’t we are settling for less. Don’t settle your soul deserves the best.  You can go down the board and become a queen, a knight, or whatever you want to be, don’t settle to be a pawn forever.


Peace and Blessings,

Lauren

@thelaurenway

No comments:

Post a Comment