Friday, September 4, 2015

Almost 30 And Wise - Life Lessons 30-21


It’s my birthday weekend! I will be 30 in 2 days!! If you see me out this weekend  I accept all monetary gifts, gift cards, coconut oil, certified checks or a shot of anything except for Vodka. You can also hit me up for my account numbers to Verizon Fios and Wireless, Peoples Gas, and/or Duquesne Light. (I never understood why its so hard for utility companies to take payment from another person like you getting paid)

Anyways, Endi and I been on a hiatus because we were out enjoying our summer but we are back. I hope you had just as a dope summer as we had. The stories we have to share from this summer alone will be enough to forgive us for being missing. So Stay tuned.

We thought to kick off our blog return and to celebrate my 3 decades on this earth with my 30 life lessons. I 'm transitioning from this 29 year old ain't shit chick to 30 and wise. So over these next three days I will give you my life lessons, so please be sure to come back all weekend. And we are off......

30. You Don't Have To Attend Every Party You're Invited To– This small statement has multiple meanings. The obvious meaning is literal. Being popular really isn’t an achievement we should strive for. As long as you walk this earth there will always be a party to attend. Place your focus on other things. The not so obvious meaning is probably a bigger life lesson because we allow negative energy in when we shouldn’t. Pick your battles wisely.

29. Travel More- Another obvious statement. Some of my most memorable experiences were outside the country away from civilization.  Experiences will always trump material things.  You have money to eat out or buy new clothes/shoes then you have money to travel. Very few regret going to a new place just to explore. Oh, and let go of those party destinations too. They are great when you are young but there will always be Miami. The dopest trip I been on thus far was when I hiked the Grand Canyon and was not drunk in sight. Go see the world you won't regret it.

28. If You Don’t Ask, You Won’t Get – What do the kids say now? Shoot your shot… The worst that can happen is being told no. Oh I forgot my paypal is laurenglaze@hotmail.com if you want to send me any money electronically to celebrate my birthday.

27. Talk Less, Do More – This social media age has a tendency of making things appear more than what they are in reality. With that, talk has just became even cheaper. Show the world your results instead of telling them what you plan on doing. You will get more respect just by showing your success than telling.

26. Make New Friends - Probably the one thing I hate about this generation is how one catchy song can influence people’s thought processes. “No new friends” is a dumb idiotic statement. Life is about growth so we will always make new friends along the way if we are growing. Be open to always meeting someone new.

25.  You Are Not Alone – As an introvert it is easy to be a loner but the truth is we are not put on this earth to be alone. Ask someone for help, seek out friends. It makes zero sense to go through anything by yourself. There will always be someone even if it is a stranger. This works in another way too. Be kind when you meet people because you just never know what someone is going through.

24. Be Your Own Best Friend – As an introvert this was easy but I recognized extroverted people loathe alone time. Sometimes in this bustling world you need to just stop and listen to your mind. You can mediate or take yourself on a shopping spree. Take some time and focus on the most important person in your life. YOU!

23. Make Your Own Mistakes...BUT Learn From Others Too – Life is really the best teacher. Some mistakes you just have to learn for yourself but the older you get start paying attention to those older and wiser. Having a large circle of female friends every single one of us came across an ain't shit nig... man, and every single one of us had to learn ourselves. Now those chicks better know better. At this point everyone needs to get a mentor. Someone we can truly learn from at any age. 

22. Forgive, ALWAYS – Holding in any negative emotion in is deadly. Forgiveness is more for you than the other person. There is a great strength in letting things go. I am not saying to allow other to mistreat you but when you forgive you are releasing the negative someone put in your life. Oh ALWAYS REMEMBER! Forgive and forget my ass. That was a phrase they taught slaves to keep them in slavery. Remember what people do to you but you have to forgive because we all make mistakes. Forgive!

21. Write Down Your Goals – Over maybe the past 7-8 years I started to recognize how things manifested in my life. One simple way to control your manifestations is to write down what you want from the smallest to the largest then put it away. Again this is a part of the letting go process because we get anxious and that blocks our blessings. I look back at things I wrote in amazement because it eventually manifested without me worrying.

Well that’s all I have for you today come back tomorrow for my next 10. They are even better. In the meantime seriously write down something you want in life. Don't forget to if you see me I like money and Henny. I have bout two more nights to be ain't shit. 

Until Tomorrow....


Lauren
@thelaurenway



No comments:

Post a Comment