Friday, January 15, 2016

RF: Savages: Nothing well about well done

Happy Ratchet Friday
@AbruptnDemandin

Are you a savage?



1) Does your teeth hurt when you bite into your steak?
2) Do you need to add sauce to your steak because you don't taste flavor?
3) Does your meat look like a fresh carcass?

If, yes, you may be a savage.

I was an uninformed savage just like you. I requested my steaks charred and had my A1/BBQ sauce ready to devour a perfectly ruined piece of beef goodness. I was enlightened in my 22nd year of life; one of my close friends ordered a medium steak and I questioned his decision. He told me to taste the piece of meat before I judged. I preceded to taste the under cooked piece of steak with a sense of fear in my heart. To my surprise this medium cooked steak was the most delicious steak I have ever had. I mean this place was not even a steak house, that steak tasted better than any well done steak I ever ate at an actual steak house. That day forward, I slowly progressed to eating my steaks and burgers to actual medium/medium well levels and has clearly improved my enjoyment of eating beef.


Lets compare the levels of doneness:


Well
Positive:
-Appearance - One is fooled to believe that the steak is fully cooked in actuality it is overcooked.

Negative:
-Flavor - Taste of the beef is lost.
-Texture - Rough, you Savage


Medium well
Positive:
-Appearance - Once again the meat looks like it is cooked well enough that the food won't kill.

Negative:
-Flavor - Still a bit too over cooked, even though there is more flavor than the well done, it still lacks flavor in meat.
-Texture - Still too rough, stop being a savage.

Medium
Positive:
-Flavor - Best for taste
-Appearance - Nice charred edges but tender inside.
-Texture - Tender and perfect.
Negatives
Nothing,  nothing is wrong here.


Medium Rare/ Rare
Positive: Nothing,  you Sicko.

Negative:
You may be mentally off. Savage ass, just bite a cow.


Making the transition to a proper steak doneness is difficult,  ease your way into it, for the well done eaters, try a medium well of your favorite cut. Next time you go out with friends or on a date and someone orders a medium steak ask to taste it. Eating a proper steak will change your life.  For the people that appreciate a rare steak, you need to see a psychologist,  I'm serious,  you might eat people.

Peace to the savages.

No comments:

Post a Comment